Connect any 5.25″ SATA Desktop CD/DVD-ROM or Burner externally to your computer through an available USB 2.0 port. Transfer data quickly and easily through USB 2.0 at speeds of up to 480Mbs. The Sabrent enclosure is constructed from durable aluminum, to ensure heat dissipation, protecting your drive from overheating; and large screws make for easy assembly. A perfect solution for data transfers or data backup! This Enclosure is designed to convert internal IDE devices, such as CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, into external devices that can be transported from system to system and connected via USB 2.0.
(Note: While the interface on this enclosure is compatible with all standard 3.5″ SATA Desktop Hard Drives, the frame is designed with larger 5.25″ devices in mind, so the model EC-STUK or EC-UIES7 would be a more practical solution for Hard Drives.)
- Supports Standard Desktop 3.5″ IDE Desktop CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-ROM/DVD+RW.
- Ultra Light Aluminum Case provides heat dissipation.
- Built-in Cooling Fan.
- On/Off power switch.
- LED light indicates Power and Activity status.
- Hot-swappable, plug and play, no drivers needed.
- Reverse compatible with USB 1.1.
- Available USB 3.0 for high speed data transfer
- Windows: 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 (Both 32-bit & 64-bit versions)
- MAC: OS XPackage Contents:
- Sabrent EC-ST5B Case Enclosure
- Power Supply
- Power Cord
- USB 2.0 cable
- Screw set with screw driver